Japanese culture is generally popular around the world. Be it martial arts or samurai, Japanese culture is gaining popularity day by day. One of the main reasons for the growing popularity is anime. There are plenty of movies being made about the martial arts and techniques of the katana. The mainstream media is extensively contributing to the admiration of samurai swords. If you wish to buy Japanese samurai swords, then it is best to learn more about them before making an impulsive purchase. With the growing fame, there is a significant increase in the production of real katana sword in Canada, so there is a possibility that you might not be satisfied with the product. To avoid such a situation, below, you can find a few precautionary measures to take while buying the real katana sword in Canada.
- Before buying a real sword, knowing the difference between Japanese and European swords is essential. It is not complicated for those who do not know the difference between the two since the Japanese style is famous worldwide and can easily be recognized. However, one must pay close attention to the details too. If you are going for authentic katana, you must know that each design signifies different eras, rules, and events of Japanese history.
- If you are a collector of Japanese swords, learning about the history and designs of katana will keep you away from getting scammed in the name of something “unique & authentic.” Different types of katanas are related to the specific eras and parts of the country.
- Repeat three times: Always check the material of Katana. Yes, many people get easily scammed by not checking the sword’s material. People are making duplicates of katana and calling it authentic. On the other hand, some companies utilize the recent technology for forging. These techniques are creating high-quality swords compared to those made in ancient times. If you are keen on buying authentic katana, it is best to focus on real katana swords in Canada made from conventional methods.
- People who know less about the samurai swords usually get scammed through details. They will sell you anything calling it “details” if you are not attentive enough while purchasing. Authentic katanas typically have a thin blade and are lightweight. They often have engravings of sword smiths’ initials. Look out for such details to not get fooled.
- The hilt design will help you determine the authenticity of the katana. The hilt is known as one of the most significant components of the sword. If the hilt is imbalanced, it can easily lead to inflexibility.
- Some sellers try to confuse buyers by constantly changing the price of the sword. In some cases, the higher cost of the katana is not a guarantee for a decent product. A decent katana with details and authentic design of samurai sword will be around $50. If you wish to have a katana with high-quality and high-end components, then it can come to about $250.
Nowadays, you can easily buy a real katana through e-commerce stores. To be sure, it is best to check the ratings and customer reviews so that you can make an informed decision.