Landscaping artistry has never been so well adjusted and practical before. You can find a suitable forestry machine for all the work that you do in your garden.
One of such machines that helps the grass look neatly trimmed and healthy is a mulcher. Of course, there are many different types of mulchers out there, suitable for every type of landscaping.
If you’re aware what kind of a mulcher fits your needs simply follow the link (http://www.tehnos-mulcher.com) which offers many solutions.
But if you still need more information on how to choose the right mulcher just keep reading.
What is a mulcher?
There is a difference between a simple mower and a mulcher. A mower will cut the grass, but the clippings can easily get stuck in between the blades, making your hobby a little more difficult.
Simply put, a mulcher or a mulching mower is a machine that after cutting the grass, recuts the grass clippings into smaller pieces which are then deposited into the lawn. Using a mulcher this way, you’re helping fertilise your lawn additionally, because the smaller pieces will break down fats and give your lawn that manicured and fresh look all the time.
Different types of mulchers
Mulchers on the other hand involve organised recycling of the grass to improve the health of your lawn.
There are 6 different categories as far as the mulchers go.
- Freestanding mulcher – very affordable and easy to use, these mulchers are somewhat smaller and made of plastic. They are suitable to mulch the leaves and grass debris which are chopped into small pieces that will fertilize the rest of the lawn.
- Lawn tractor mulchers – this type of a mulcher also comes in a smaller size and can be attached to the tractor for a more precise lawn mowing.
- Commercial mulchers – most common choice for construction sites. This type of mulcher is bigger and made of heavy duty steel as they are meant for the rugged use. Due to their increased horsepower commercial mulchers are used to clean areas after construction work.
- Dual purpose mulcher – these mulchers come together with added shredder features. They can perform multiple actions at once. While the grass is being cut the shredder or a chipper goes through the debris at the same time.
- Electric powered mulcher – They come with a built in motor and are most commonly used for clearing chores. Due to the motor they are a bit quieter than other types and are considered environmentally friendly. The downside to the electric power mulcher is that they can be used on smaller lawns, as far as the cable reaches.
- Gas powered mulchers – the most powerful form of a mulcher that uses gasoline as fuel. Depending on the area that needs to be mulched they come in various sizes and are very popular in the agriculture industry.
Mulching or mowing
To summarize, just mowing the lawn isn’t going to provide the same results as mulching the same territory. Other than keeping your grass cut, mulching will also provide nurturing effects to the soil.
Now that you know what type of a mulcher would suit you, it isn’t hard to choose the right landscaping solution.